He was impressed by my work, but felt I didn't have a case because the judges are really tough about speeding in a school zone. I began to question if I really did have a case, but was committed to tell my side.
I waited for over an hour for my turn and there it was-case #West Richland 599632. The judge first read the officer's report and asked for my reply. I said I was a recent resident of the Tri-Cities and had been in this neighborhood only once during school hours. I showed the judge my poster and explained all the pictures. She immediately said the case was dismissed because I was prepared with my defense. The prosecutor also said this school zone has some serious problems with not enough signs noting the school zone.
After the judge said the case was dismissed, I said "Really? I don't have to pay? This is the best day ever." She laughed and said "Welcome to the Tri-Cities."
I have learned my lesson and will never speed in a school zone again, but I was so proud of all the work I did and fighting was definitely worth it.
9 comments:
That is so awesome. Congratulations! I love when good people (and justice) wins!
Wow...I'm impressed! Good job! I just got a speeding ticket this week and my husband (a lawyer) said there is no way to win with a speeding ticket. I'm happy you got off, I wish I could be that lucky!
Pretty impressive! I would have been terrified! Good job!
I'm having to defend myself over some beefed up doctor charges and I hope my ending is as victorious as yours. Way to be prepared and to stand up for yourself!
Way to go! That's awesome.
Good job Sarah!!
That is an amazing story Sarah! I can't believe it...way to be prepared.
Sometimes there is justice in the world.
that is awesome! I love it when you get justice!
Impressive. Way to fight for justice.
Post a Comment