Thursday, June 04, 2009

Grill Time


Now that summer is here, we have loved using the grill. It has meant new recipes and quicker clean-up in the kitchen. I won't mention how many hamburgers and hot dogs we have eaten in the past two weeks though. Here is one of our favorite recipes for Chili Lime Corn. Enjoy!

Chili Lime Corn

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
3 tablespoons lime juice
1-2 teaspoons ground red chilies or chili powder

Mix all ingredients. Pull the husks down to expose the corn, but don't pull the husks off. Spread about 2 teaspoons on each ear of corn, pull the husks back up and grill with the husks on 4-5 inches above grill over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.

4 comments:

Megan said...

That sounds REALLY good. We might just have to give it a try! Thanks for the idea/recipe.

Rainie said...

This is our favorite corn!!! We learned about it in Houston an have been fans ever since. Now I feel like some.

Miranda said...

That sounds great! I will definitely try that soon. We love to grill this time of year too. And I love the easy clean up! :-)

Goodrich's said...

MMMMMmmmm! I'm going to have to try this one, sounds delicious. Gotta love summer time grillin'!