Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Not My Shoes

Last week I was getting ready for a party and decided to wear tennis shoes because they were more comfortable. I had a great time at the cookie exchange. I met a lot of new people and came home with some yummy goodies and recipes. I was one of the first to leave and at the door there was probably ten pairs of shoes. While I gathered all my things, I put my shoes on and thanked the host, then went home. Upon arrival I noticed we had a message on our machine. It went something like this, " Hi Sarah this is Emily. We were wondering if you went home with the wrong pair of shoes. Someone is missing some brown shoes and there is a pair of white Adidas tennis shoes left. Let me know if they are yours, thanks." I looked down at my feet and I wore brown shoes home. I wore someone elses shoes home! I have a pair of brown shoes just like them and thought they were mine when I left the party. Needless to say, I drove back the next day to exchange the brown shoes for my white tennis shoes. Next I know I will be a little more conscious of what I put on my feet when I go places.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me laugh right out loud Sarah-it is so totally something I would do. I once went to church with 1 black show and 1 navy blue shoe that were the same style, just different colors.

Love ya-
Mom Amundson

Goodrich's said...

Sarah- you're great! Thanks for giving me a laugh for the day! Have fun in Costa Rica.