
I have read some posts from others about how they read other's blogs they don't even know. I am guilty of the same, but it also got me thinking about observing others in another part of their lives. For example, I love grocery shopping and am curious about what other people have in their grocery carts. Sometimes as I pass, I sneak a peek to see what they are cooking and eating for the week. For example, you can tell when someone lives alone or their family is out of town because they have a lot of frozen pizza and very little perishable food in their carts. Or someone with school age children has chips, cookies and sandwich baggies in their cart. Tonight I was at the store picking up a few things for dinner tomorrow (peaches and whipping cream) and I saw one guy in line with bananas and sardines. Surely he didn't mean to eat them together or maybe it was a midnight snack and breakfast tomorrow. Maybe I shouldn't think beyond what people have in their cart, but I always wonder why they choose what they do during one trip to the grocery store.
3 comments:
Sarah--I'm the same way at the grocery store, but especially in the checkout line! I just hope nobody is observing what I'm buying! So is that a picture of your groceries from this week??
No, this is definitely not my cart-just a picture I found. Mine would have baby food, meat and vegetables, and maybe a treat or two.
Great post. I'll be paying more attention in the grocery store, I'm usually brewing over the fact that someone is actually writing a check in the express lane.
Post a Comment