Last week we started book club again in our ward. We read Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland. It was a wonderful book. It reminded me a lot of Girl with the Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier. The book is about a painting and how it affects the owner's life through time. There is also a little mystery to determine if it is a real Vermeer painting or not. Next month we are reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I love going to book club to hear other's point of view and ideas about the book. I can't wait for October to come!
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Book Club
Last week we started book club again in our ward. We read Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland. It was a wonderful book. It reminded me a lot of Girl with the Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier. The book is about a painting and how it affects the owner's life through time. There is also a little mystery to determine if it is a real Vermeer painting or not. Next month we are reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I love going to book club to hear other's point of view and ideas about the book. I can't wait for October to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sarah--I'm doing more reading now, and I just read The Wedding by the same author as The Notebook (name is slipping my mind!) You should definitely post more book ideas. I need them!
sarah! i'm glad you got book club happening! that book looks great. right now i'm reading "the (potentially) sane mother's guide to raising young children." you can tell by the title i am not having luck finding time to read books for fun! glad natalie cooperates! by the way, we need to see an updated pic of that little munchkin.
Sarah, this sounds like the beginning of a rewarding new book club! You'll have to post about the Life of Pi. You are a great source for good reads! Glad you posted!
Are there any spies or international conspiracies in that one? Has an action movie been made of it or better yet is it based on a movie? If so I'll have to read it.
Sorry, no spies or conspiracies. It's just a good old feel good book. It was once made into a CBS made for TV movie though. just that alone makes it worth reading.
Post a Comment