Thursday, July 16, 2009

OUCH!!

Last night was our first trip to the ER. I was outside grilling and the kids were playing on the steps. Natalie was looking at the BBQ scraping brush and left it on the stairs when she needed to use the bathroom. After I let her in, I stepped right on the scraper end with my heel and got a huge cut. I called Jon to come home and my good friend Michelle to watch the kids so I could go to the hospital. Our time at the hospital was pretty quick with only one big loopy stitch to close my foot. The worst part was my tetanus shot and listening to the toddler crying in the next room who had a cut on her foot too. Unfortunate for me, we are planning on going camping and swimming this weekend with friends-now I get to be the sideline stuff and little kid watcher. There's always next year.

4 comments:

Kenna said...

Ouch is right!! Hope you feel better soon, & that you still have some fun on your trip!

haley said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. How awful! Hope your heel heals. :)

Megan said...

That didn't sound fun. I hope you recover quickly and enjoy your trip!

Liz said...

They actually make some REALLY fantastic water proof bandages, and I am betting you would be able to swim still! when I had 3 moles removed last year I wore the bandages over them ( One of them had 14 stitches!) and I was just fine! ;-)