Sunday, November 09, 2008

Speed Reading

So I read the first book about a year ago, and then with the Twilight movie coming out, I decided to finish the series. I have been checking the books out from the library where I have three weeks to read it before I have to give it back. Now with moving, I am trying to hurry and finish before we go. I spend any chance I get to read (eating, nursing, kids napping) so I'll be done. It is taking away from when I should be doing moving tasks, but the books are so good and I can't seem to put them down. I am nearly done and will then focus all my energies on the move. I promise.

7 comments:

Camie said...

Sarah--I read them all obsessively also in a very short period, but I figured the faster I read ALL of them the sooner I could get back to paying attention to my family and my life responsibilities!! Happy reading and movie viewing!

Deb said...

No worries Sarah--if you don't finish you can borrow mine. Everyone here that wants to read them already has. Maybe we can go to the movie together when you guys are here for Thanksgiving.
Can't wait to see you guys again!

Mama Nut said...

I feel your pain, Sarah! I, too, read Twilight about a year ago and eventually the rest of the series. I always inhale the books and get them over with so I can get back to life. But the break is oh so sweet! Good luck with the move. That's a pretty part of the country. Miss you!

Megan said...

I read the first one a year before I started reading book #2 and #3. I read both of those in just a couple of weeks. I just got book #4 but then I was called to be Gospel Doctrine teacher so now I don't think I can find the time to read it just yet. Good luck finishing up the books and getting ready to move!

Carol said...

I went the easy route and listened to all four books on CD in about 2 weeks. That's the way to do it! I borrowed them from my friend.

janel said...

If you don't get through them all, you can always do books on CD during your long car drive during the move! Good luck with those preparations--that can be so overwhelming!

Brooklyn said...

My sister-in-law lent them all to me in September - I finished them just in time for the movie! It was fun to update Mark on everything after each time I read.