Sunday, January 13, 2008

Reaching a Milestone

As many of you know, I am an avid reader. A little over four years ago, I started keeping a journal of every book I read. I would briefly write down what the book was about, my thoughts and impressions of the book and sometimes favorite parts or quotes. Last month I reached a milestone. I read my 100th book. This averages out to around 25 books a year. I couldn't believe it! It has been a lot of fun to look back on all that I have read, many I have enjoyed and some not so much. Below are a few of my favorites. I look forward to another four years of reading enjoyment and adventures from my couch.
  • My Antonia by Willa Cather
  • Stolen Lives: 20 Years in a Desert Jail by Malika Oufkir
  • Midwives by Chris Bohjalian
  • The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
  • The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
  • No Doubt About It by Sheri Dew
  • Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
  • The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • A Woman of Independent Means by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey
  • The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio by Terry Ryan
  • Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
  • Under a Wing by Reeve Lindbergh
  • Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland
  • Two from Galilee by Marjorie Holmes
  • Three Weeks With My Brother by Nicholas Sparks
  • The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

2 comments:

Camie said...

Congratulations Sarah!! That is AWESOME! I wish you were still nearby so I could be in your book club. I'm still reading, but not at the same pace as you. I just read "My Sister's Keeper" and now I'm reading "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" and "How to talk to your kids will listen and listen so your kids will talk." Keep the book lists coming!

deb said...

Wow, Sarah that is great! I have read many of those same books, and am reading "Goose Girl" right now. I just read one called "Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy"-I will pass it on. I wish I would have kept a log of all the books I've read, that's a great idea!