Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Little Black Dress


My sister is getting married in May and her colors are red and black. So in an effort to look like the cute new mom and not the frumpy married sister, I spent all day looking for the perfect black dress to wear. I found the dress at Talbots and I love it. The most challenging part of the day was not so much finding the dress, but keeping Natalie enthralled with every dressing room, trying to drag her back in as I am only half-dressed and getting after her for trying to peek under everyone else's door. Needless to say, my shopping days are over for a while now that I know what it is like to shop with an ever curious child.

6 comments:

Goodrich's said...

Sounds like fun. So did you buy the dress from Talbots or are you going to take Natalie out for another shopping adventure?

The Wife said...

We need a picture of the dress!

Jon and Sarah said...

I did end up buying the dress and I have changed the link so you can see what it looks like now.

Rainie said...

You definately have the cute mom look. There is nothing frumpy about you. If you ever feel like seeing a frumpy looking mom come on over sometime.

Anonymous said...

Good job! The dress is awesome! Are you getting new shoes to go with the dress? :)

Michelle said...

darling dress! i don't think your shopping days have to be over, it's just that most of your shopping will take place online from now on!!