With inspiration from my friend Rainie, I decided to tell you 100 facts about me. Some you may know and some you may not. It wasn’t as easy as I thought.
1. I grew up in Mesa, AZ.
2. I am the oldest of seven kids. (1 brother, 5 sisters)
3. I am the shortest in my family.
4. I have naturally curly hair.
5. I went to the same elementary school, junior high and high school.
6. I have lived in the same ward since I was three. Our ward split only once.
7. Growing up we had a cat named Fuffly because my sister couldn’t say fluffy.
8. The house I grew up in had a water fountain and a school size chalk board.
9. I have never broken a bone.
10. Jon was my home teacher in college. My roommates were always gone and his companion was semi-inactive, so we ended up together.
11. Jon asked me out on our first date on Valentine’s Day.
12. I met Jon’s parents on our first date.
13. I always wanted to marry someone from Utah, and I did.
14. My birthday is the same as Ronald Reagan’s. Jon said that’s why he married me.
15. On our honeymoon I was on “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” in Disneyland’s California Adventure. I got a t-shirt for winning 32,000 points. The winning question was about the Star Spangled Banner. I lost on a question about doilies.
16. Jon and I worked for a lamp manufacturer called Design Trends the summer after we were married. We put up lamp displays in Lowe’s Hardware stores in Phoenix, AZ, New Mexico, El Paso, TX and Columbus, OH.
17. I think El Paso, Texas is the ugliest and dirtiest city in the world.
18. I love my family.
19. I have been to 12 different countries.
20. I went white water rafting in Costa Rica.
21. I bungee-jumped in New Zealand.
22. I ate escargot in China.
23. I play five instruments (violin, harp, voice, piano, and organ).
24. I got into the music program at BYU with the organ. I took lessons for only one year in high school.
25. I used to play the harp for wedding receptions. Maybe I’ll pick it up again sometime.
26. I graduated from BYU in Music Education and Elementary Education.
27. I want to learn to play the cello someday.
28. I took music lessons five days a week for an entire summer so I could teach beginning band at the elementary school.
29. I love my church calling (Sunbeam/3 yr olds teacher).
30. My favorite TV shows are: The Office, Grey’s Anatomy and The Amazing Race.
31. My favorite movies are You’ve Got Mail, Pure Luck and What About Bob.
32. I always played right field in softball as a child. I think that means I wasn’t very good.
33. I am the only left-handed person in my family.
34. I married a left-handed person.
35. I hope at least some of our children are left-handed.
36. I have been a blind date.
37. I don’t like mushrooms, shrimp or shellfish.
38. I love doing crossword puzzles and Sudoku.
39. I don’t want to get Alzheimer’s when I get old, so I try to keep my mind active.
40. I enjoy making homemade bread and rolls.
41. I love clipping coupons and going grocery shopping.
42. I wish I liked to exercise.
43. I think exercising, especially running, is boring.
44. I am afraid of the dark.
45. I don’t like being home alone when Jon is out town.
46. I stay up way too late when Jon is gone because I don’t like going to bed when he’s not home.
47. I like scrapbooking.
48. I love reading, but I read for enjoyment-not for symbolism or hidden meanings.
49. I have read almost all the Newberry Award winner books.
50. I have read 84 books in almost four years.
51. I keep a book journal where I write my thoughts and impressions of every book I read.
52. I also keep a journal of every book that sounds interesting to read.
53. I had two miscarriages before I got pregnant with Natalie.
54. I love going to parties.
55. When my sister and I were little, we cleaned all the tools in my dad’s toolbox for a Christmas gift.
56. My most memorable family vacation as a kid was when we drove from Arizona to Nauvoo, Illinois in March.
57. I was in show choir in high school.
58. I ditched class in high school only twice.
59. I was a DARE roll model in high school.
60. I lived with my sister for three years in college.
61. I learned to sew from a family friend.
62. I wish I could sew as well as my mom.
63. I wish I could make pie crusts as well as my mother-in-law.
64. I stayed up all night as a freshman in college so I could watch Princess Diana’s funeral live.
65. I thought green chiles and jalapenos were the same thing when I got married.
66. I was in a moped accident in the Cook Islands.
67. I wet my pants at school when I was little during standardized testing because my teacher said we couldn’t get up for any reason.
68. I was jealous of my sister’s red hair when I was little.
69. I can’t do a cartwheel.
70. I still have a dress I made when I was 14 for a Young Women’s goal.
71. I love the weather.
72. I don’t like chocolate chip or mint chocolate chip icecream.
73. I started wearing glasses when I was in third grade and kids thought I was a new student.
74. I love to wear the color red.
75. I played a pregnant lady in a play in junior high.
76. When I was five, I carved the name of the boy I like into my parents end table. It’s still there to this day.
77. I really don’t like taking naps.
78. I work part-time for Karen Dillard’s College Prep. We help students prepare for the SAT and ACT.
79. In college I worked in the zoology department. I bought crickets and fish for other animals to eat. I also cleaned wader boots after students went to the river. It was gross.
80. I love bird watching.
81. I had my purse stolen at Target in high school.
82. I wore big ugly glasses with brown tinted lenses in junior high.
83. I was on the dean’s list in college for one semester.
84. I like doing puzzles.
85. My younger sister learned to ride a bike before me.
86. I can be very absent-minded sometimes.
87. I love going to the library, not necessarily to get books, but just to look.
88. The first car I bought was a blue Pontiac GrandAm.
89. I played with Barbies until I was 12 years old.
90. I hate getting teddy bears as gifts.
91. I memorized all 100 scripture masteries in high school.
92. I like riding my bike, but am afraid of falling and getting hurt.
93. I love Cheetos.
94. In high school, I stuffed eight friends in a Toyota pickup so we could go out to lunch together.
95. Some of my extended family thinks I was named after my great-grandma Sarah Johns, but I wasn’t. My parents just liked the name.
96. I have taken a tour of the Dallas Cowboy’s Stadium.
97. I am very frugal with my spending money.
98. I let my friend give me her first perm when she was in beauty school.
99. I took summer school all through high school so I could take extra music classes during the school year.
100.I was an EFY counselor.
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You could make the list 101 things and put "I'm a really nice person and a good friend" I guess that would make it 102 things!
Love you!
We have alot in common, except I don't play any instruments and your vacations sound much more interesting than mine! I truly don't think I could list 100 things about me!
Thanks for the interesting post. You are a very talented person.
What a great list of facts--thanks for sharing. MAYBE I'll do this if I can be really creative. Right now I can't think of 10 facts about me!
You are the neatest person ever!!! Can you pass over some of your intelligence and musical talent. Wow! I love it!
Sarah-
You are amazing! I loved reading that list, but I can't believe you could think of 100 things-I am impressed.
Love you-
Not bad Sarah. Some it is new info to me and others bring back awesome memories :)
Post a Comment