Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's Over


After a few weeks of fighting it, I think I am finally realizing that Natalie no longer wants to take naps. No matter what I say or how I bribe her, thirty minutes after I put her down, she comes back to me saying she "woke up". The down side is that I lose my time to do things like read blogs, read a book, or do something by myself. The upside is an early bedtime for her because she can get pretty grouchy by dinner sometimes. I guess my dream of two sleeping children at the same time was only that- a dream.

2 comments:

Camie said...

Sarah--you should definitely institute 'quiet time' at your house!! I used to set a timer for Lydia for an hour or hour and a half when she had to play in her room or read books by herself without bothering me. It worked pretty well, and I think it's good for everyone to have a little 'down time' in the afternoon!!

The Wife said...

Losing nap time is definitely sad. After Drew stopped taking an afternoon nap we started quiet time and we still do it. It's a great break for everyone!