Monday, April 09, 2007
Blue Bonnet Beauty
I love Texas because with spring comes the Texas state flower-blue bonnets. We have some friends who have nice pictures of their daughters in the blue bonnets, so this year I was determined to have Natalie get her picture taken in the blue bonnets this year. The best place to get them done is at the Frito-Lay business park. I drove past a few weeks ago noticing they were there, but no place to park and there are signs clearly posted in front of the bluebonnets saying 'No Trespassing'. Then a few days later I drove past and tried to get into visitor parking but didn't know any employees, so I was turned away again. Finally I called my friend Allie, and got some advice on how she did it. She said to park on the side of the road, take your pictures and leave. The worst they can do is ask you to leave. True. So this morning I mustered up my courage, braved parking on the side of the road, became a rebel and walked boldly past the signs. No security stopped me and I got my blue bonnet pictures I envy every spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
How gutsy of you! I'm surprised and impressed that you went against the posted signs! :) What won't a mother do for a coveted picture of her little darling in Texas bluebonnets?
I knew you had a rebellious streak about you. I might have to copy you!
The pictures are great!
you'll be glad for the rest of your life that you did that! those pics are priceless!
Do you feel guilty everytime you look at those pictures? Man, that would be terrible.
Post a Comment