Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Just Call Me Coupon Crazy!


I thought I would share something that has helped our family save money and has kind of become an obsession. In January, I joined a service called The Grocery Game and have loved it ever since. It works by combining the weekly grocery ads with coupons in the Sunday circular for even bigger savings. We save an average of 48 percent on our grocery bill and sometime more. I often get items for free or close to nothing. For example, this week we picked up cough drops and headache medicine for free and a bag of bagels for only 50 cents. For $5 dollars a month, we save an average of over $200 a month. Call me crazy, but I even have my coupons sorted in a special binder that I take grocery shopping every week. This is another reason why I love to grocery shop.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

wow! that is astounding!

Wendell said...

Thanks for the tip. Maybe we'll give it a try. That's quite the savings!

(I usually check the Best Buy adds, not the coupon section.)

Anonymous said...

Wendell was so impressed with the savings! You showed me this the last time we visited, but I never did anything with it, but I just signed up for a free 4-week trial and entered your e-mail address as the person who referred me...hope you get some sort of benefit from that! Thanks for the inspiration to reduce our grocery bill. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!