A few weeks ago, my car was hit on the freeway by a flying windshield from a glass company truck. We were okay, just a little startled, but the car wasn't in great shape. Last week I took it in to get repaired and this 2008 Toyota Tundra was all they had available for a rental. When I told Jon this was the only car they had, he was in heaven. I even told the guy at the rental place to not worry about putting the car seat in correctly because I would be trading the truck with my husband anyways. I let Jon drive the truck because of my paranoia of driving new vehicles and because I felt like I was overtaking the road when I drove. I know he loved every minute of it. Maybe this truck will become a reality someday. But for now, we will only dream and enjoy the ride for a while.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Dreaming
A few weeks ago, my car was hit on the freeway by a flying windshield from a glass company truck. We were okay, just a little startled, but the car wasn't in great shape. Last week I took it in to get repaired and this 2008 Toyota Tundra was all they had available for a rental. When I told Jon this was the only car they had, he was in heaven. I even told the guy at the rental place to not worry about putting the car seat in correctly because I would be trading the truck with my husband anyways. I let Jon drive the truck because of my paranoia of driving new vehicles and because I felt like I was overtaking the road when I drove. I know he loved every minute of it. Maybe this truck will become a reality someday. But for now, we will only dream and enjoy the ride for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You're half-way there with the double cab, Jon, but where are the duelly wheels?
Scary experience to be hit by a windowshield! Its a good thing you were okay. We once got a big SUV when we had to get our car fixed. It was a bit scary driving it around. So I guess this means you probably won't ever get a big van?
Post a Comment