skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Santiago Klar
Today is St. Lucia Day. It is a holiday Jon's family always celebrates and a tradition we have continued with our family. St. Lucia Day is celebrated in many Scandanavian countries that marks the beginning of the Christmas season. Jon's dad served his mission in Norway and Jon's grandpa served in Sweden, so it has become a favorite in the Amundson household. Traditionally, the oldest daughter wears a white dress with a wreath of candles on her head. She wakes her family at dawn bringing saffron buns and singing the St. Lucia song. Lucia means light, and she symbolizes bringing new life in winter. As you can see, I don't get up early to bring my family breakfast in bed, but we celebrated in similar ways. In Jon's family, they get an ornament each year. Jon's mom was in Sweden last March visiting her parents, so we each received a Swedish ornament for our tree. It's a favorite family tradition we look forward to every year.
5 comments:
natalie is sooo cute! fun tradition!
What a fun tradition. Natalie is getting so big.
See you guys at church!
Laurel
Those cinnamon rolls look delicious. :)
Hey, I heard you were pregnant again! Congrats, we're so excited for you guys!
Why didn't you tell me you had a blog!?! Your mom told me about the toone family blog and then I found your link. Your tradition sounds great and I love the pics!
Post a Comment